Saturday, January 12, 2008

Of Visitors and Snoozings

Hello friends. Sorry I have been away for almost 2 weeks. The year has not been off to a great start - we had some disappointing news last week and none of us felt much like blogging. But terriers that we are, we are BACK now and feeling ready to push forward!

Over new years, we hosted a little visitor named Sheina, a chihuahua mix. She lives in New York but has cousins in Philly who have a wee human, and the family didn't want Sheina around, so she ended up at our house for a few days. At 10 years old, she was an old grumpy bitch, uninterested in playing with me so I can't say I enjoyed having her around very much. She also tried to eat all my food and steal my Daddy's affections, so I was quite pleased when her humans came to take her home! Look, if you are going to come and stay at my house, you better make an effort to be nice, especially to ME!


This week, my good friend Sophie also dropped by to visit. She lives around the corner with her Daddy Vince. Sophie is also an old girl, but unlike Sheina, she has a kind spirit and enjoys my company. We are good pals. Mom had just got a new CD in the mail and she wanted to share it with Vince, so we all sat on the sofa and listened. It was some French lady called Piaf singing her lungs out. It hurt my ears, and I wish Mom would realize that she can't sing!!! If I hear her "sing", "Non, je ne regrette rien" once more, I am going to have to dive out the window.

Otherwise, not much to report...I've mainly been hanging on my couch and snoozing a lot. Winter makes me lazy...



AGC

8 comments:

Gus said...

Axel, what a cute photo. We hope your disappointment works itself out, and that you lose the winter blahs


gussie

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Axel...exercise would help your endorphins...run around like mad...come and visit us...we have endorphins running like crazy in this odd house...we chase them and eat em!

Those old girl dogs can be rather opinionated. Young girl dogs are even worse, in my humble foxy opinion...especially when dog in question in ur sister. Yeech...Lacie actually went to her first obedience class today cuz SHE GETS AWAY WITH MURDER IN THIS HOUSE.

Now I'm cranky. Maybe I'll go and take a nap.

Scruffy

Faya said...

Axel ! Sheina looks so tiny ..... I wish I can come and play with you...
Kisses, Faya

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

Hey Axel,

I think your Mom needs some new CD's. She should go to a Jimmy Buffett concert. Most humans become something called parrotheads after attending one of those gatherings. They wear strange parrot or shark paraphernalia and usually theres alcohol involved, not very fun for dogs although they sing about Cheeseburgers in Paradise, that sounds yummy.

Happy New Year...

Love,

Luna-tic

Asta said...

Axel
It's good to heaw fwom you ..I've missed you..I hope youw disappointment goes away..you'we vewy nice to be such a good host and let fwiends stay..I would play with you and twy to be polite
you look gweat on that last pictoowe
smoochie kisses
Asta

Lenny said...

Axel, we missed you - thanks for the update. Hope your bad news was not too bad and things are going better.

Your friend, Lenny

Jake of Florida said...

Yeah, Our Mom listens to that same song over and over and over...what's a wire fox terrier with sensitive ears to do.

Sheina is a cute name: Pretty girl??

Jake and Just Harry

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Ax, sorry about your Dad's job news. I'm afraid that I wouldn't be very sociable to dog houseguests, especially if they tried to muscle in on J1 or J2's affections! J x