I know I shouldn't laugh at injured humans, but how can one not laugh at the story of a dog shooting a hunter? Confused? Read this:
A tussle between a hunter and his dog in north-east Bulgaria over prey ended with the dog shooting the man, local media reported Thursday.The man lost his temper when the Deutsch-Drahthaar hunting dog refused to release a killed bird it brought back and began beating it with the rifle. But the dog's paw caught the trigger and the hunter ended up with buckshot hitting him. The extent of his injuries was not reported, but it was said that the dog injured a paw.
Moral of the story: Catcher keeps the booty!
We terriers fully support that notion - if I caught a bird, you can be sure I'd never give it up either!
And if you, like me, wondered what the heck at Deutsch Drahthaar hunting dog looks like, here is a picture of one. Nice looking guy - and with a bird in his mouth, just like our little story:
And staying in Eastern Europe, I'd like to share a Polish proverb:
"Hunger will lead a fox [terrier] out of the forest."
I'm not sure what it means, but it seemed worth sharing?
And now some witty humor: I present (drumroll)...
Top 10 Signs You've Gone To a Bad Veterinarian
10. When you hand him your cat, he asks uncomfortably, "Monkey?"
9. Two weeks later, your dog coughs up a rubber glove.
8. Big sign in waiting room: No Pets Allowed!
7. Diploma looks a lot like menu from Chinese restaurant.
6. Always saying "I've got a tick in my pants."
5. Sends you a card every spring: "Time for your dog's annual neutering."
4. First question, "What ails your varmint?"
3. He has a lot of posters up advertising cockfights.
2. He himself wears one of those big funnel shaped dog collars.
1. He bites!
Tomorrow Grandma arrives, so I may have less time online as the computer room is now Grandma's bedroom!
5 years ago