Sunday, September 23, 2007

Itchies Update

Well Mom was so worried about my red splotchies, that her and Dad shlepped me to the vet man yesterday, eventhough it was Yom Kippur. Mom reckoned God would understand. Interestingly, the vet who owns the clinic is Jewish and he was working too! Maybe people who help animals are holy enough already?

So he examined me and told me I had hives. He said he recalls being in vet school in 1978 and being told that absolutely anything could cause hives. Luckily by the time I got to the vet, the worst of the hives were gone. I got a cortisone shot in my bum as the vet assured Mom and Dad I needed it and it was safe. So I'm keeping paws crossed. So far I am still itchy but no hives. I have had a shot before a year ago, but none of us can remember how long it took to "kick in".

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. And thanks to Ricky Pepper for offering me a health sabbatical in their home.

AGC

16 comments:

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Axel...helping itchy animals on Yom Kipper is not work...it's an act of love...so glad you got the Corty Zone shot...we hope it helps!

Scruffy and Lacie

PS Isn't there some sorta law about Sundays? As in my 'rents shouldn't be thinking about clipping my toenails??????????

Faya said...

Poor poor Axel.... I am terribly sorry for you.... I hope you will be fine soon...
Kisses from Switzerland (maybe it helps), Faya

Asta said...

Axel
God nevew gets mad about stuff like helping sick puppies..he's not that unundewstanding. I'm suwe he would want youw pawents to help you.
Hope the cort-e-zone kicks in soon
big smoochie kisses fow youw bumbum and also fow youw itchy spots
Asta

Gus said...

Axel...special thanks to the vet who was working on Yom Kippur, we hope he doesn't get in too much trouble.

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Axel,

Hope you feel better soon and that we see you at Asta up over's pawty.

xxx Asta down under

Urban Smoothie Read said...

sending my regards to u...

hope u receive it

Ricky Pepper said...

I'm so glad your vet man was working on Yom Kippur - I bet actually God set it up that way JUST so you could feel better :) Hope your itchies medicine starts kickin' in soon!

xoxo,
Ricky

Bebe said...

I'm so happy that your back! Sorry to hear about the itches. I get them a little, but not like that. I hope you get better, maybe we can play some time.

See you Soon

The Bebster

Lenny said...

Feel better soon, Axel!

Your friend, Lenny

William Tell said...

Ouch, Axel! Those sure look red and itchy, I'm glad you found a vet to take a gander at them and give you a shot for it.

Hope you're feeling better today.
William Tell

Koobuss said...

Oh boy, Axel. I sure hope this works! And I hope they find out what's causing those hives real soon and you won't have to go through this again.

Get well soon!!

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Axel, hope you're feeling better pal. J x

Agatha and Archie said...

Hey Ax,Maybe you were just stressed out and then once home let it "all hang out"Hope they go away soon!!! Love A+A

Koobuss said...

Hey Axel,

When you are feeling up to it, check out my blog. I tagged you to tell us about your first day at your forever home. In my story, I mentioned your mom.

Take care of yourself, Ax.

Love and Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Asta said...

Axel
Awe youw itchies getting any better??? I'm so wowwied about you!
plus I weally missed you at my pawty.
smoochie healing kisses
Asta

Faya said...

Hello again ! Do you feel better ?
Need more kisses ?.....