Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I'm BACK!

Hi everyone!
I am back from my vacation with Ricky, Lucy, Chloe and Sophie! I had a very good time as you saw on Ricky's blog and their humans treated me so well! If I can't be home with Mom and Dad, then being with them is the best place I could ever have wished to be. So a very big THANK YOU to them all for two weeks of hospitality and kindness!

Just when I'd given up all hope of ever seeing Mom and Dad again or of going home - I saw my temp Mom packing up my things. I got so nervous I couldn't eat. And then we were all upstairs on Monday evening and I hear the doorbell ring. I started to bark at the top of the stairs but then I heard someone yell, "Hey Axie Pax!," and well I thought my heart and head would burst with joy. I recognized that voice. It was my Dad!! I went tearing down the stairs and threw myself against the screen door. And there were Mom and Dad! They opened the door and we all fell about doing a joyous reunion jig! Oh my friends, it was too wonderful to do justice in words!

Here we are courtesy of Ricki's blog at the moment of reuniting (Mom says to please excuse how hideous she looks - she'd been awake for 30 hours straight!):

We then said our goodbyes and thank you's and off we went, back to our little house on the edge of the big park. Oh happiness it was to run up my familiar front steps. To jump on my couch. To sniff the errant mouse who cannot be caught. To luxuriate in the love of my mom and dad who evidently missed me very very much. I cannot stop smiling. I am just so happy to be home.

Yesterday Mom and Dad did not go to work. Dad took me on a mega 3-hour walk and swim in the morning and Mom took me out later and then to the park to play with my pals who had missed me too. Mom and Dad worked hard the rest of the time unpacking, doing laundry etc - they've hardly had time to download their photos and videos - but here are a few to enjoy:


Mom and Dad at the Pilansberg Nature Reserve - they stayed with Mom's parents at the Bakubung Lodge and saw animals that included a leopard (rare!), elephant, giraffe, zebra, hippo, rhino, buck, warthog, wildebeest, baboons, monkeys etc...

I got a bit jealous when I spotted this picture of Mom hugging a miniature shnauzer named Arial that belongs to her friend's brother. But then I knew that the only reason Mom was looking so happy and hugging her so tight was because she was thinking of ME all the time!


So it's good to be back online, it's good to be home. Life is GRAND!

AGC

8 comments:

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! You're back, Dog!! We really didn't miss you as we visited you lots at Ricky's...we love them too...it's nice to have new friends!! That's a great pic of ur mom and the Schnauzer. Our mom hugs every terrier she can find when she's away from us too!!!! Are you coming to Asta's pawty this weekend??? Gonna be fun!!!!!
Wiry barks, Scruffy

Gus said...

Hey Axel! Great to have you back! And I know how glad you were to see your mom and Dad, and how pleased they were to see you too. Wow! Your happiness and excitement are contagious.

gussie

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh Axel You look so happy!! PL2 was almost crying when she heard your reunion! We did keep track of you though at Ricky's house. Well we can't wait to see the pics and are THRILLED for you!!!! Love A+A

William Tell said...

Welcome back, Axel! We're glad your folks are back home again and life is back to normal. Well, as normal as it gets with a terrier, anyway.

The schnauzer reminds us of our angel Carly.

William Tell

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Axel...and welcome back to your Mom and Dad too. You three had great vacations but boy, I think someone famous once said "there's no place like home"; and boy is that true epecially when your loved ones are there!

Wirey woofs and wags,
Bigfoot Fletch & Maxie T

Ricky Pepper said...

Glad to see you are enjoying yourself at home. Mommy says you are welcome any time and I will actually demand your return next time your parents leave the country! Hope your itchies are getting better, and that you are well rested after hangin' out with us tough dachshunds and the beagle!
Mommy is going to walk us in a HALLOWEEN PARADE!

xoxo,
Ricky

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pal, welcome back! Soooooo glad you had fun with Ricky but there's no place like home, is there? J x

Koobuss said...

Welcome back, AX!! We missed you!!

Glad your home. Bet it feels good to be back at your own pad and with your family again!!

Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie