Sunday, June 10, 2007

Finnegan's Visit

Today was the big Commerce Bank Bike Race in Philly, right here, literally, in my back yard - in MY park. No-one checked with me whether it would be ok to take over MY park and fill it with people and thousands of bikes and blaring music! Anyway, I'm sorta glad it happened, 'cos if it wasn't for the race, I would never have met Finnegan Spielman - brother of the famous Mackie the Sock Eater who came all the way from Maryland with his Mom Melissa and Dad Steve! Finnegan is 9 months old, and he's quite a guy!

We met under a gazebo away from the noise - and we took an instant liking to each other after we both hopped up on the picnic table...



At one point, you could say we even exchanged kisses...


While the bike race was going on -


Mom and Dad chatted with Melissa...


And then Finn and I played about. Finn is not used to being off leash like I am - so we couldn't go totally bonkers running about - but we still got in some good play. Boy Finn plays rough - I enjoyed it thoroughly! My type of pal!



Soon the bike race ended, and we all walked back towards the Parkway. Guess what I spotted? A FOUNTAIN!! I had to go in of course and I was hoping Finn would join me. Once again, a guard blocked our way. But both Mom's did such a good job of begging to let us cool off, that she said OK!! I of course, ploughed right in - while Finn had to be gently pushed in. He didn't like it much...guess he's still young...stick around Finn, you'll end up loving it like I do.



On the way out the water, I noticed some scribbles on the bottom of the fountain. Luckily I think, I can't read!!


Then it was time to say goodbye to my new friend Finn...I love meeting other wiry pals - hope to meet Finn again soon - possibly at Montgomery!

AGC

12 comments:

Gus said...

Great fun..what a wonderful weekend. Where was Mackie? Did he have to stay at home? Glad you got a chance to meet.

Wired for Mackie said...

Boy did we have fun today! After you and Ron took Axel away mom and dad were laughing at me cause I was trying to see where you went. You truly are a great pal, Ax! Sorry I play so rough, I am a silly puppy who hasn't learned my manners yet. Sometime I hpe your mom and dad will come visit us and then we can play off leash in my back yard! Thanks for a fun day and mom says thank so much for her Ike gift! She loves it!

Hugs, Finnegan

Daniella said...

Gus, Mackie doesn't travel well...that's why he stayed at home with Ollie. Hopefully I'll meet him on his home turf soon.

Finn, I loved meeting you too. Don't apologize for playing rough, I like it rough...wish you could see me wrestle with my pit friends.

I will nag Mom and Dad to bring me to visit you and your bros.

Ax

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

Axel,

Great pictures of you and your new found friend. It looks like you had a great time. If I ever come down to Philly you gotta show me your fountain.

Luna-tic

Asta said...

What a great ,fun day. Finn looks adowable, and a twue wire..I love to play just like that, but I'm only allowed off leash in an enclosed space cause I only come when I feel like it, and Mommi is scared I'll run off and get hurt.
Those pix are super..pawfect WFT roughhousing and then a big smoochie kiss...heaven
Asta

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wow, looks like you and Finnegan had an awesome time together!

Licks
Oscar x

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Mates,

It looks like you had a great day playing jumpy and bitey face. My mum used to be afraid to let me off the leash, but she found out that if she walks away from me, then I'll run after her!

xxx Asta down under

Koobuss said...

Hey Axel,

You and Finn look so much alike that I couldn't tell you apart. Is that what I am going to look like when I grow up? I kinda hope so. You guys are cute. I'm glad that the both of you had such a good time.

Lots of Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hey Axel, don't worry about that reading thing, that's just for humans to worry about... :)

Looks like a fun day!

Love,
Bogart

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

It certainly looks like you both had a fun time! J x

Asta said...

Hi Axel, are you still playing???I miss talking to you..it's supposed to be a hot weekend, pawfect for your fountain
smoochie kisses
Asta

Daniella said...

Yippee asta, cos we've had nothing but clouds and cool weather all week and Rain! I jumped in the fountain today but it was cold so I jumped right out again!