Thursday, February 23, 2006

In Derision of the Pug

I have something to say which might not be too popular. But I am not one to shy away from political incorrectness. So here I go.

I think Pugs are dumb.

Today after work, Mom double parked outside out house, ran inside, told me to get my shit together and off to the dogrun we drove. Yippee! The dogrun is next to the historical Penitentiary, and sometimes I get a bit nervous that if I misbehave, Mom will check me in there for the night amongst the ghosts of Al Capone and others.

Anyway, I digress. At the park today were FOUR pugs of various sizes and colors. They all had squashed in faces and made funny noises through their deviated septums. Just for the hell of it, and because I think they are stupid and ugly, I decided to taunt them and jump on their backs. They seemed to enjoy it, and fought back. At one point, I sort of forgot I was dealing with pugs and got a bit rough, so Mom grabbed me and told me to calm down. Note that noone ever grabs the pug, despite the fact that they yap and snap just as much as me. It's really not fair.

When we drove home, I found a skittle candy under the seat, it was delicious...so I set about burrowing and digging in the seat in the hope it would uncover some more. No such luck.

I got to go, Dad is putting on his sneakers, which can only mean one thing: time for my WALK!!!

AGC

3 comments:

LilyWhite said...

I totally agree about pugs, Axel.
One of my dearest friends has two of them, and I have to PRETEND to like them, bc I like their owner so much. But that norty noise they make when they play with my dog makes me want to put oxygen masks on them. Ugh.

Wired for Mackie said...

Ax,

I'm on that one with you. Right after my mom rescued me, she brought home a stupid pug that belonged to a co-worker who was going out of town. The damn thing wouldn't play- all it would do is grunt and look stupid. Finally I had had enough and went o sit out by the fence to contemplate what to do about this. As I sat there, Mom seemed to be worried about me and headed off into my direction asking "Mackie, are you okay?" - then I had it..I would kill the pug. I ran off toward her bound to get her when mom suddenly grabbed my collar and stopped me. I guess I should thank her, otherwise I'd be in puppy jail. But, I still think killing her would have been good. The rest of the weekend she was crated or locked in a different space from me. Good thing too. Now, I can not see a pug without wanting to kill it. I even growl to show my dissapproval when one comes on TV. What is up with those things anyway?

Your pal, Mackie

Daniella said...

I think long ago someone got irritated with a pug-like dog and kicked it in the face...and from that day forth, you got the present day pug with the smashed in face.

Now Mackie, I am not proposing offing the poor nasal-challenged creatures, you need to be a little more tolerant (or less violent)...I just said I think they are stupid looking!

Glad to see I am not alone. I am half expecting a letter of protest from the Pug Society of America!