Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Winter is for Hibernating!


We hope the title of this post will explain our absence. Just last week I got a very rude email from my grandma in South Africa calling me a quote, "Lazy Hound" for not blogging! I was most offended. I think she needs to apologize and send me some "Good Boy Treats" - they are these yummy treats Mom brought me from SA - little round pieces of fake chocolate that tastes like the real thing...

Anyway, so I'm back. It's been a very sad week in doggie blog land - Bogie's beloved daddy Klaus passed away after a sudden and awful illness. We were all praying so hard for his recovery, but sadly he crossed over to heaven on the weekend. We can't stop thinking of Bogie and his Mom Lulu and the sorrow they must be going through. Please keep them in your prayers.

Yesterday, the white stuff came down - all 8 inches of the stuff. Today I had a grand old time in the dog park. Humans were sledding with their dogs and I ran up and down barking at them. I am known as the Dog Park Referree because I bark at any dogs who get out of control. Of course, often I get yelled at by the humans, they accuse me of getting the already worked up dogs, more worked up. Go figure! Dumb humans.

Not much going on. With the weather so cold, we've been indoors a lot and as a result I've been subjected to mindless TV drivel like The Bachelor and Idol...More proof I'm afraid to say it...dumb humans.

AGC
Superior Being.

7 comments:

Gus said...

Hmmmmm...I think you'd best be nice to your granny...those treats sound pretty yummy. We missed you lots, but we have been semi-hibernating here too.

kisses
gussie

Jake of Florida said...

Axel -- If it weren't for us wires, how would those dumb humans get along?

Glad you had fun in the snow -- send us a snowball whenyou get a chance.

Jake and Just Harry

Agatha and Archie said...

Yep we got it too...blech..when will it end WHEN WILL IT END??sorry we got carried away..we love your coat...Oh we forgot to tell you!! We got our free treats in the mail(pumpkin) and they were delish!! Thanks buddy!! Love and kisses A+A

William Tell said...

I think your granny must like your blog! hee hee

Can you believe we are expecting some 90 degree weather tomorrow here in Oklahoma? It's March, for goodness sakes! I'll bet we get more snow before spring, though. Ya never know around here.

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Eric said...

Mmm sound dogalicious those treats. But um....how do you know they taste like the real thing? Have you had a sneaky taste of the forbidden food?

You are doing a good job in the dog park Axel. Ignore the leggeded ones and enjoy the snow.

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Hey sweet Axel...

The Foxy Wire cake is a pattern that Mumsie made forever ago when our last foxy Sarge was turnin' one...um in like 1993!!! Do you want us to make ya a copy??? Pee mail us ur addy and we'll send it to ya, kay???

She's thinkin' of doin' a Dale cake in May for Stan!

Love and kisses Axel!

Laciegirlie

Lenny said...

Hey Axel, that's funny - I'm the same way at the dog park. I am the ONLY dog that barks and they call me the referee. Usually I go over and bark at dogs that are wrestling.

Your friend, Lenny