Tomorrow night is New Year's Eve for 2006. A new year for us all. So I was thinking about my new year's resolutions and wishes...I thought I'd share them with you!
Axel's New Year Resolutions:
1. I will stop bolting out the front door when the opportunity arises
2. I will quit begging for food everytime Mom or Dad are eating/cooking
3. I will let Mom and Dad put pink eye ointment in my eyes without biting them
4. I will stop barking at every thing I see move through my front window
5. I will stop pulling Mom's hair
6. I will NEVER pee on Mom and Dad's bed
7. I will not hump Mom or Dad's pillows while they are trying to sleep
8. I will not roll on dead vermin in the park or seek out burrs or chase cats
9. I will eat my food standing over my dish instead of walking around the house and dropping bits and pieces everywhere
10. I will not chew or shred shoes, dining room tables, slippers, Dad's tools, toilet rolls, napkins...
WAIT A MINUTE, WHO AM I KIDDING???
I CAN'T STOP DOING ANY OF THESE THINGS, I AM A WIRE FOX TERRIER, AND I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK OF MY BEHAVIOUR! I AM WHO I AM, I WILL DO AS I DO. IS THAT NOT PART OF MY CHARM?
(Ok, don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question)
Axel's New Year's Wishes
1. An end to all puppy mills/farmers markets and punishment to those who run them
2. Blessings and prosperity to all my wiry friends, and in particular to those superlative humans who make it their life's work to help my fellow brothers and sisters
(You can read about a good example of this - the saviors of the Missouri wires, by clicking here)
3. Little stress and lots of fun for Mom and Dad leading up to their wedding on June 4!
4. Lots of chew toys, treats, walks in the park and fun with my best pals Bailey, Saga and Ohren
5. That I get to see the ocean this year and swim and swim
6. (On a more serious note...) An end to stupid human wars, poverty, starvation, disease (especially AIDS, Cancer and MD) , discrimination, ignorance, ethnic hatred, nuclear weapons, greed, torture, violence and cruelty to animals. (Phew, what a shame that is such a long list)
7. That I get to keep my balls for another year
8. That I get to meet Miss Amelia, the bitch for whom I pine and fantasize
9. An unending supply of liver treats when I want them...
10. That I continue to be loved, cared for and spoilt by my Mom and Dad.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!