Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bad Dog and New Blog



Hello all,

Don't I look like a sweet angel snoozing on my fox toy? heh heh.

Sorry I haven't written much. It is mother's fault. She just started a new blog at http://firstabode.wordpress.com/, and I now enjoy even less time online! It's not fair. The only reason I am not having a hissy fit, is that I guess it is for a good cause. The parents are looking for a new home for us. I already submitted my wishlist -- big back yard full of critters, friendly neighbor dogs, window seat from which I can peruse the street and a doggie door so I don't have to give the parents funny looks when I want to go out. I'm keeping my paws crossed. I just don't understand why I don't get to go with to see the potential homes...that ain't right!

In other news, I was a very naughty boy last week. Mom was taking me for a walk when I spotted my friend Sophie and yanked the lead so I could catch up with her. Uh oh. Down went my wee Mom, her knees hitting concrete. Boy was she mad - mainly because I didn't stay by her side to see if she was ok, I took off after Sophie and didn't give a poop. Well that's how she saw it. I see it differently - I took off cos I thought Mom would prefer to weep alone and I knew she had her cell and would call Dad. I thought it would be less bother if I just went to the park with Sophie. Of course Mom didn't buy this for a second and now at every opportune moment she lambasts me and shows me her knee (pictured above a week later) and says, "You see this big colorful bruise - you did it!!"

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, mea culpa!!

AGC

12 comments:

Gus said...

Oh Axel...it isn't so bad pulling a muzzer off balance (mine is that way most of the time anyway!) But As the song goes "Sometimes it is hard to be a terrier, Living with a hooman for a mom, You'll have bad times, she'll have sad times, and sometimes it's hard to understand." But..."Stand by your mom, give her four legs to lean on, and something warm to cling to, when she has bruise -ed bonies. Stand by your mom, and show the world you love her,keep giving all the smooch you can, Stand BY youhhrr MOM!"

Gus said...

pee sss...we going to visit her new bloggie to make her feel better, OK?
g

William Tell said...

Ouch! That's an impressive bruise, even by terrier standards! Glad nothing was broken in the fall. My Mom sometimes takes a tumble but has yet to blame me for it (don't read over my shoulder, Mom!).

Good luck house hunting. The backyard with critters is a must!

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Eric said...

Axel.You made me look like and Angel. Thanks pal!!Hope Mom's kee is better, looks painful, better give her lots of kisses. Mom just visited her new blog...a new house all for you Axel wow!!

Wiry wags, Eric xx

Unknown said...

Wow Axel, that's some bruise you gave your mom.

I'm afraid I'm in the doghouse too. I went counter surfing tonight and ate some raw tagliatelle with a small side of part of the box that it came in.

Your pal,
Smitty

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

Hi Axel,

If I did that to my Mom I would get some scolding to. I am keeping my paws crossed that your parents find you your dream home. Don't forget you will need a pool in the back to take a dip on those hot summer days down in Philly. Happy house hunting from your pal.

Luna-tic

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Axel..your mom's bruise is bootiful!!! It's hooge!! The one I gave to Mumsie a couple months ago was tiny...she bend down just as I sprang to be picked up...hit her right above the eye...and her eye turned black and blue...actually purple, my fav shade...I have no idea why they get so ticked off about it...best to just stay outta her way for a while, kay?

So ur lookin' for new digs? But what about that sweet kitty you love next door? Maybe you should take him with ya...

Kisses...

Laciegirlie

Tee said...

Ohhhh, that looks like a mighty bad bruise ... that's some fall your momma took ... wooo ...

We give our momma bruises too but none that HUGE!

Hope you find your new home soon!

licks and wags

Tuffy of DOg WOods

Anonymous said...

Oh Axel, that's knott'n. Once my RIP sister Ruby and RIP bro Harry dragged Momma after a baby Squirrel. Down the asphalt she went and even with a plastic water bottle in her leg pocket she got a HUGE hematoma. Black and purple, the size of the Momma's head but on her leg.
Well she says she was very upset. AND NEVER walked the Dales along again, something about a head injury....
See you didn't do much...
XOX
Sally G

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, your poor Mom's knee. Ouch! That had got to hurt really bad. You know, we did this to our Hooman M FIVE times within two months. We chased after kitties. Her bruises were even worst. They were bloody. My Hooman M was streaming MAD. Hope your Mom forgives you soon.

Belly jiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Eric said...

Axel pal!Two square cousins, very special rescue wiries, left a message on my chat box looking for friends. Please visit.Take tissues.

www.twospecialwires@blogspot.com

TwoSpecialWires said...

Uh oh, Axel. You realize, don't you, that this blogpost was the first one we read about you. We won't have any trouble remembering you!

Thanks for stopping by our new blog, and for your comment. We edited the blog so that there wasn't any confusion about the first picture. The rescue lady that had us before Mom adopted Fergi had that picture and told Mom that was what I (Fergi) looked like. Very sad. The second picture was actually me. Mom has others, but it was of the three of us - pacing, all one big dirty matted blur.

Anyhow, life is much better and we REALLY look forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks for stopping by. We've added you to our blog list. I hope that's okay. :)

Fergi and Jake