Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Thank You from Mom

Mom is dictating the following message:

Dear Friends,
Thank you for all the wonderful well wishes received via Ax's blog. I am deeply appreciative of all the kind, encouraging words.
Today I feel so much better I am almost ready to do a jig! I have been eating a lot and today at my check up was happy to hear I had gained back 5 pounds! I am half way there!

Unfortunately, tomorrow Ax has to go to the vet as instead of eating my snacks, he has taken to eating his leg and tail!

{What??? hang on Mom...I'm not writing that....argh! Ok, yeah, so I've made a big mess of my leg and tail - it's red, sore and swollen and hurts like hell...I didn't mean to do such a good job on myself, I just got nervous with you being away....boo hoo....}

Anyway, he definitely needs antibiotics and I fear he might get the dreaded collar if he can't leave his skin alone....

So thank you everyone from near and far and all the virtual nursies who have done a very fine job getting me back to strength....I hope to go back to work part time next week and get stronger every day!

Mom

Ok, I'm not adding anything to Mom's post, I'm a bit miffed that she thinks I enjoyed eating my leg and tail! Not so. I couldn't help it. I'm a very very sensitive guy.

AGC

13 comments:

Asta said...

Axel

I'm so happy youw Mom is wesponding to ouw nuwsing and stuffing wif food..don't wowwy about agatha and Asta Down undew bawking owdews..they awe meant fow Lacie..she tends to get vewy clumsy and shy awound them..hawd to believe I know, hehehe
anyway We awe staying thewe till auntie Dani gets totally bettew!Mommi is saying pwayews fow hew wecovewy
love and smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess Axel..I always knew you wewe a vewy sensitive guy..I hope youw footies heal vewy soon..maybe we could twy soaking them in Lacie's shakes

Gus said...

Dear Axel...We are glad to hear that your Mom is feeling so much better. Me and Teka chew on our feeties and legs when we get anxious too. It is hard when your human suppport system goes into meltdown and you can't bark it well by yourself. We hope the vet does not say "the collar!"

gussie

Anonymous said...

Yo, Ax!
She's threatening to come to work on Monday. Do not, under any circumstances, let her out the door unless you think she's up to it.
And stop eating your appendages; she needs you to keep her in line, because she's meshuggah.
:-D

Koobuss said...

Glad your mom is feeling better and gaining weight, Axel. See, I knew gaining weight was easy. Hope she continues to improve and is feeling 100% real soon.

Good luck to you at the vet's tomorrow. Oh, and Ax, there are a lot tastier things out there to eat besides yourself. (Maybe now that your mom is home and feeling better you will be more relaxed and the biting will stop.)

Love and Good Luck!

Lots of Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie

Eric said...

I'm so pleased your Mom is much better Axel. You must have done a fine job, Nursies too.Tel her to take very good care from me and Mom.

Now you need to look after yourself.Poor you with the itchy scratchies. I'm in touch with my sensitive side too so I'm barking for you.Maybe you might feel a bit better now your Mom is home? Hope you don't get the collar Axel.

Wiry wags, Eric

Amber-Mae said...

It's great to know that she's feeling much better today!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Axel, glad to hear your mum is feeling better. Hope YOU get well soon too, pal. I'll be crossing my paws for you both...J x

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Ax,

We awe glad owe Nursie attention helped your mum and we will stay to help you wif the itchie scratchies. Did you see mum pwayed fow your mum at the wall?

xxx Asta (oz)

Peeee s. I don think of the collar as punishment, I think of it as a fawt inhaler.

Agatha and Archie said...

Oh we were sooo worried about her and are so happy that she is feeling better....Poor you.....we can certainly understand!! We are a sensitive bunch aren't we!!! Love and kisses A+A

Jake of Florida said...

Dani,

I'm so sorry I've been absent while you were in the hospital -- stupid deadlines -- but what good news that you're back home and feeling so much better!!!

Woofs from the boys and lots of warm wishes from me!!

Joan

Princess Patches said...

Axel, we are soooo glad your mom is feeling better! Our mom dreams of the time when someone tells her she needs to gain weight! Not going to happen any time soon! We hope you leg and tail heal up very quickly! Stop biting them...NOW!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

Dear Axel,

So glad to hear your Mom is feeling better. I think if you had a yummy steak bone to chew on you would forget about chewing on your leg.

Luna Licks,

Luna-tic

Lenny said...

We're so glad your mom is doing better!!!