Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Very Special Birthday

Ah how swell it is to have a birthday! Hello everyone, I am now 2 years old, and I'd like to tell you about the special day I had!

When I woke up this morning, Mom and Dad gave me a new toy - a red Loofa dog dressed up in patiotic colors. Unfortunately the pic isn't great as I was distracted...but I sure dig this gift, it has a unique squeak that sounds more like a grumble. I also got two packages of Dingoes - little ones and donut shaped ones...but alas I couldn't have them all at once, I only got one to chew. Mom told me the big packet of Dingoes were a gift from Miss Amelia - wow, what a groovy chick she is. Thanks darling!

I had my usual walk this morning and my walk with P, my favorite dogwalker and then Mom came home and took me to the park after giving me lots of liver treats and burnt hotdogs (I love them - mom slices turkey or chicken dogs and frazzles them in the microwave for 12 minutes. Yummy).

At the park, I saw many friends:


And greeted old friends including Harry the big Spaniel looking thing (here we are drinking rain water from a tree) and Brody, the Cairn, one of my best buds:



I also chased Maggie and Mom had a hard time getting a photo of us in the same frame becos Maggie runs so darn fast! Can you see me? And yes I know it looks a bit scary - that we seem near cars and traffic, but really we know not to go off the grass. Ever.



I met a new friend today, a Boston Terrier/Pitbull pup, but I didn't catch his name:



Mostly I sat on the green green grass and just enjoyed being outside on my special day:



And I also ran about of course - an older dog needs his exercise!



On the way home, we ran into Dozer-Fenway (his mom gave him a new name, but I still think of him as Dozer, Gracie's little bro). He is the same size as me now and we love to wrestle. They leave Philly on Wednesday...boy that will be a sad day:


And the fun didn't end there. For dinner tonite I got TWO juicy beef ribs and I got to eat it on the couch! Wow. Usually I have to eat them on the floor, on a towel... Mom must have lost touch with her senses...



At the end of the day, I was pretty worn out from playing and chewing (2 ribs, 2 Dingoes, one hoof)- so I hit my fave spot a-top the sofa, and chilled.



I sure do like birthdays. And I sure am a lucky guy.

AGC

12 comments:

Gus said...

Yappy Barkday Axel.

Molly the Airedale said...

What a fun birthday you had! You sure have lots of friends!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Wee Wiggly WFT said...

Hi, pal! Looks like you had a grrrrreat birthday! Your friends sure do look like a lot of fun! Happy belated wishes!!!!
Derby

Dean-O! said...

Hey! Happy B-day! Welcome to the all-grown-up wires club. I hope that you are amazing your mama with your sudden maturity....
Luv & wire-y lix from your pal in Montreal ':¬}

Asta said...

SOwwy I'm late wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
It looks like it was a pawfect day...tons of friends, alovely treats , toys, and a comfy snooze..you are a lucky puppy, and you look fabulous at two....I'm going to be 8 months soon...hey, we don't live so far, why don't you come visit? or at least come to my blog in the meantime..smoochie kisses

Daniella said...

I would love to meet you Asta, remind me where you live? NYC?

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Axel, looks like you had a great day with lots of lovely treats! J x

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Axel! Happy Bawkday. I'm just 1/2 year older than you and my mum's bawkday was just 12 days ago. It looks like you had a perfect bawkday with lots of toys, treats, and playing with your friends in the park. My mum also gives me liver treats and one of my best pals is a cairn named Judah! xxx Asta down under

Koobuss said...

Wow, Axel

Looks like you had a great time on your birthday. I like your pictures, too. You are very handsome. I can't wait to meet you.

Your pal,
Koobie

p.s. How do I get my picture to show up on my comments?

Luna "The Scruffy Yacht Dog" said...

Hey Axel,

Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a great day playing in the park and all those treats to.

How many candles on that cake???

Luna-tic

Asta said...

Hi Axel,
Are you all rested up from you fabulous birfday?
I try to go to my doggie run everyday,it's not as pwetty as yours, but I have some crazy friends,and we have a great time,plus Mommi says a tired puppy is a very good puppy..I' almost 8 months already!

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Axel, can you tell your Mum thanks for her lovely comment the other day on my blog. I'm glad I make her laugh! J x