Saturday, January 27, 2007

Brrrrr

It's too darn cold! That's my excuse for not blogging for a week folks. When it is this cold, I prefer to curl up and stay in bed. Little do Mom and Dad know that while they are at work, I climb into THEIR bed, put my head on THEIR pillows and pull the covers up to my chin. I managed to take a self portrait to show you:



Don't I look snug?

Last night I had so much energy that I got into a bit of mischief. I went into the parent's room and set about dismantling Mom's sleep apnea mask. I know I shouldn't have, but I did notice that she had a brand new one delivered today - so technically, the way I see it, she didn't need this old one. So I was doing her a favor, no? Unfortunately, she didn't see it that way. She was rather pissed at me and even more so when she discovered that my fur was full of sticky pieces of the gel mask. Eek. Anyway, I stand by what I did and am proud of the results. If I wouldn't have been interrupted...it would have been completely destroyed and would have been no need to recycle or trash it. But no...the parents have to stop me.

This morning I went to the vet to get a bordatella shot. I don't mind visiting the vet and I didn't even feel the shot or protest when my nails were cut. Can you believe the vet thanked me for being such a good boy!? I got weighed by the way, and I'm a staggering 28.5 lbs now. Mom asked the vet if she thought I was overweight and the vet said I was certainly getting there. She had the audacity to tell Mom to replace my milkbone and rawhide treats for carrots! I mean, seriously, what a crock that is - Mom and Dad will be the laughing stock of the dog park if they rock up with carrots in their pockets. Last time I checked, we were not donkeys!!!!

I just got home from playing with Gracie so I'm rather tired. Think I'll curl up on my couch perch for a while.

Cheers,

AGC

6 comments:

Gus said...

Axel! Bad dog! Almost as bad as Teka. Last night she sneaked Muzzer's makeup out of the big bag and took it under the bed. Muzzer thought she lost her "good stuff." Then I went under the bed and brought it out. Teka had only eaten a little hole in one corner, and a whole tube of glisteny pink stuff! New stain on the rug. Very creative. Lots of hollering.

I remember muzzer asked Teka last night why her little nose was so pink looking. He He. Didn't tell!

Dean-O! said...

Wow! I weigh in at 17.5 lbs. Seems to me that I am being deprived of the tastier things in life. Maybe even STARVED to death!

Anonymous said...

Hey Axel - You and the Maxie Monster have to meet. She eats any and everything in her way! Thus far it seems she has a cast iron stomach. Much like you. She tips in at 14 lbs though and is a tiny thing. I think your recycling efforts should be rewarded not reprimanded!

Your California buddy,
Bigfoot Fletch

Anonymous said...

Axel buddy-

You are bigger than I am!!!!!!! Wow!!! I weigh in at around 26 lbs. give or take a pound.

I didn't realize you are such a brute!

MY hoomans feed me lots of carrots and apple slices, but I'm still big! I think you and I are just MUSCLE BOUND!!! Like Arnold when he was Mr. Universe!!!!

Pippin

jaffeboy said...

U sure look snug. I love to sleep on MaMa's side of the bed cos her pillow is soft. Smells good too... hehehe...

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start calling you Fatsel.