Thursday, July 27, 2006

Gracie's Big Secret

So there I was, surfing the web merrily while Mom and Dad were at work, when I went back to Dogs with Blogs to see if any more Wires had joined (most of my pals have!). And lo and behold, I see listed "Amazing Grace - Anatolian Shephard - Pennsylvania, USA".

Well, I almost fell out of my chair.

Surely, thought I, there cannot be two Anatolians named Grace in PA! So I clicked on the link, and sure enough, there she was - my first love, my neighborhood squeeze Gracie with her very own blog!

Friends, I was shattered. How could the love of my life keep this secret from me? Was she afraid I might think her a copycat (copydog?). Did she intend to bitch about me and thus wish to keep the blog from me? Or, most likely, did she not want to openly compete with my blogging prowess. As we all know, I am king of the dogblogosphere...

I didn't see Gracie today, but when I see her, I may play up my dejection or just openly confront her. Either way it is likely to end up with some passionate make up wrestling.

Deep down I am very pleased Gracie has taken to the blogosphere, now I can read her inner thoughts and she won't be able to be mysterious. I just wish she'd told me damn it.
We've been friends forever - this is a pic of Gracie and Me (with Ohren) when she was smaller than I was:



And now look at her - she is at least double my weight and still growing, growing, growing - but then I like my bitches BIG:



Gracie, if you grovel a bit, I'll find it in my heart to forgive your "deception"...I love you too much to hold even the tiniest grudge.

Yours,
AGC

4 comments:

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hi Axel,

Here's a link about foxtails: http://www.vet.purdue.edu/depts/addl
/toxic/plant01.htm

They're nasty seeds from barley plants, we have a lot of them here in California. They can get caught anywhere on any dog, I've already had two that burrowed into my paws between my toes and another Airedale buddy of mine had one in his nose! They require surgery to remove because they are like little one-way prongs and they really get into the skin in a bad way.

I hope this helps buddy! I'm so sorry to hear about my fellow terrier's issues... I know that you're not an Airedale, but my mom is part of a really active Airedale Terrier Yahoo group that seems to always have really good health advice: http://groups.yahoo.com/group
/adtlovershome

Feel better buddy!!!!
Love,
Bogart

Bogart H. Devil said...

While I'm not the biggest fan of my booties, mom thinks they're pretty great. They're not that easy for me to remove (they have two rows of velcro) and mine have nonskid rubber on the bottom. The body is mostly neoprene which is stretchy and relatively comfy. They slip over my paws and then mom adjusts the two velcro strips so that it's not easy for me to get off. I think you can buy them separately (1, 2, or all 4 booties) from handicappedpets.com (where mom bought mine - they're really nice - tell 'em Bogart sent you!). I hope this helps!!!!!!

Love,
Bogart

Bogart H. Devil said...

Ah one more thing for you to try... when I had surgery to have the foxtails removed I kept tearing off the bandages that the vet put on and mom used some of that new Ace-bandage type stuff from the drugstore - it's the sports stuff that only sticks to itself and not to skin or hair so you don't need clips or anything to keep it in place. It was really difficult for me to remove and came in nice bright colors. I think mom got some at the drugstore and also at Target.

Thinkin' of you handsome!!!

Love,
Bogart

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Mom and I just read some of your blog and it's wonderful. I started one a while back but quit because well, frankly no other fur friends were interested in commenting and it got boring writing to myself all the time. Besides it gets rough on the paws after a while... would you mind me being a copydog and starting mine up? And by the way, I would be thrilled to be your featured new friend. My tail is just wagging at that thought! Hope your itchies get better soon. Keep cool, Sammy